I was surprised to see that we reached our $28,500 funding goal for PocketBible for Mac OS on the morning of July 10! Thank you so much for your support!
We still have five days left before the Kickstarter project stops accepting pledges, so here’s what we’d like to do: We are announcing a “stretch goal” of $33,500. If we reach that funding level, we’ll include BookBuilder Pro for Mac in the project. And to help us get there, we’re adding some rewards to attract our non-Mac users (and Mac users) to pledge.
BookBuilder Pro is the tool we use in-house to create add-on reference books and Bibles for PocketBible. Right now it’s a Windows-only product. In our effort to make Mac a “first-class” platform for our company, we’d like to be able to offer all the same products we have for Windows on the Mac platform. If you’ll take us to $33,500 we’ll make sure that happens.
We also want to offer some new rewards, most of which would be attractive to all PocketBible users, not just those of you with Macs. We’re adding the following rewards:
- John Gill’s Exposition of the Entire Bible: $20 ($29.99 value, http://LPB.cc/JGEEB)
- Barne’s Notes on the Bible: $35 ($49.99 value, http://LPB.cc/BNB)
- John Wesley’s Notes on the Bible: $17 ($24.99 value, not yet completed so no product page to link to)
- Darby’s Synopsis of the Books of the Bible: $10 ($14.99 value, http://LPB.cc/SYNBB)
- Laridian Book of Classic Hymns: $9 ($12.99 value, http://LPB.cc/LBCH)
- Laridian English Dictionary: $9 ($12.99 value, http://LPB.cc/LED)
We will fulfill these rewards as soon as the Kickstarter campaign is complete. They tell us it takes a couple weeks after the campaign closes before we’ll have a final list of backers. The rewards above will be fulfilled as soon as possible after we have that list.
Note that all of the books above are included in the five “PocketBible Library” collections offered as rewards already. So: If you have not pledged yet, you can choose one of these new rewards. If you’ve already pledged something less than $50 for the $50 reward, you can modify your pledge (increasing it if necessary) and choose one of these rewards. Or if you’re at the $25 level you can add to your pledge and at the end of the campaign we’ll contact you and you can tell us to use the excess in your pledge to get one of these rewards.
If we reach our stretch goal, we’ll give you the chance to add BookBuilder Pro, a $49.99 value, to your reward package for $35. If you’re interested in BookBuilder Pro, just go to Kickstarter and modify your pledge to add $35. At the end of the campaign we’ll contact you to find out how you want to allocate the extra funds. At that time you’ll be able to select BookBuilder Pro as an add-on reward, assuming we reach the stretch goal of $33,500.
In summary here’s what you should be thinking about depending on where you’re at with your pledge:
- Best Value: The absolute best value in the list of rewards is the Exclusive Kickstarter Edition PocketBible Library. Most of the rewards are worth 3% to 30% more than the minimum pledge. The Kickstarter Edition is $900-$950 worth of products for $500. That’s almost twice the value of your pledge. Think of it this way: Your $300 pledge gets you the Platinum Edition Library and Advanced Feature Set, which you’ll be able to get for about $310 the day after PocketBible for Mac ships. But your $500 pledge gets you the Kickstarter Edition Library, which will cost you over $900 when PocketBible for Mac ships. Without a doubt, it is your best value.
- Mac Users: Add $35 to your pledge. If we top $33,500 we’ll give you the opportunity to add BookBuilder Pro for Mac to your reward.
- Mac Users pledging less than $50: Add $9 or more to your pledge. You can either select one of the new add-on book rewards if you haven’t selected a reward already, or you’ll be able to add one of those books to your existing $25 reward. We’ll contact you when the campaign is complete to find out what you want to do.
- Windows/Non-Mac users: Consider helping your Mac-based brothers and sisters out by pledging as little as $9 and selecting one of the new add-on book rewards. We’ll fulfill these rewards as soon as Kickstarter provides us the final backer list.
- Everyone: Add anything to your pledge to push us over our new stretch goal of $33,500!