MyBible 5 is complete and will be available soon!
We expect to begin sending upgrade announcements to registered, active customers as early as next week. If you’re a registered owner of MyBible, you can take these steps to ensure that you receive your upgrade announcement in a timely manner:
- Make sure that email from email@example.com makes it through any junk mail filters that you use. If you’re not sure how to do this, we offer some suggestions here.
- If you have not placed ordered with us within the past 18 months, you may have rolled off of our mailing list. If you’ve not ordered from us in a while, one easy way to be sure that you’re an active customer is to place an order for any of our products, including a free product.
So, what’s new in MyBible 5?
Zoom: MyBible now supports two viewing modes: Zoomed and Unzoomed. Unzoomed is the method provided by previous versions of MyBible. Zoomed is the new method supplied in MyBible 5. Zoomed allows any book to be zoomed to near full-screen size, allowing you to easily switch between seeing several books at a time and only one book at a time. A screenshot of MyBible 5 in zoomed mode is shown below.
Autoscroll: Any Bible or book can be automatically scrolled at a rate of your own choosing. Both books and Bibles scroll by a line at a time.
Enhanced Bookmark Features
- Bookmarks can now be categorized into categories of your choosing.
- The number of bookmarks that you can add to your Bibles has been increased from 250 to over 64,000. (You probably won’t ever hit that limit!)
Enhanced Note Features
- Your notes can now include html tags to apply formatting such as bold and italics.
- The maximum size of each note has been increased from about 2000 to about 10,000 characters, and limits on the number of notes per book of the Bible have been removed.
- Bible references in your personal notes are automatically linked to the specified Bible verse or passage.
- Navigation from note to note has been improved.
Synchronization of Personal Data: Your personal notes and bookmarks are now in a format that can be synchronized with other Laridian products, such as PocketBible for Windows. Any notes and bookmarks from a previous version of MyBible will be automatically converted to the new format. Additional (free!) synchronization software is required and will be released in conjunction with MyBible 5.
A while back we invited some of our blog readers to beta test this new version of MyBible and personal data synchronization. What are our best testers saying about the new MyBible?
I love the zoom feature. Not only does it make having multiple resources open much more useful, navigation is virtually effortless–I just zoom in on the resource I want and use the 5-way navigator on my Palm T|X. I’ve been very happy with every Laridian product I’ve purchased over the years and MyBible 5 is clearly another success.
- Jeffrey S., Rockledge, Florida
Comparing how different translations treat a particular verse or phrase has never been easier. MyBible 5′s Zoom feature enables you to display 3 of your favourite translations full-screen and switch between them with a single click. Time is of the essence in Bible class and sermon prepararion today. I now prefer MB5 over my paper Bible.
- Roland R., Whitby, Ontario Canada
Laradian’s MyBible version 5 is easily the most comprehensive and powerful Bible software that I’ve ever found for the Palm Treo and Windows. I am one VERY happy customer!”
- Bill Z. Hillsboro, Missouri
We’re excited to be able to bring you this upgrade and (finally) data synchronization with PocketBible for Windows! Registered MyBible customers can watch their inbox for an upgrade anouncements. And if you’re not yet using MyBible 5 on your Palm OS device, now’s the time to give it a try!