PocketBible for Android version 1.1.1 has been released on the Google Play Store. If you downloaded the app from Google Play, you should be automatically updated. If you are using a Kindle Fire (or other non-Google Play device), you can download the latest version by browsing to http://lpb.cc/android while on your device. You can see the new features in action here:
The added features of this version include:
- Improved navigation menu, now with icons for each screen
- Preferred Bibles & dictionaries can be set in Settings >> Program Settings
- Improved managing of bookmarks, now a simpler, cleaner UI.
- Show & manage lists of highlights, similar to what bookmarks already had.
- Initial Android 4.4/Kit Kat support.
- Various bug fixes, mostly having to do with managing bookmarks and syncing.
This update is mostly about finishing up some recent features. Previously you had highlights but no way to manage them. As we added this ability, we saw some ways we could smooth things out for managing bookmarks. The ability to set Preferred Books was a frequent request and easy addition so we included that here as well.
If you are thinking: “Wait, what about notes? I thought notes were next?” That is still our next major feature to roll out and the work we have done on improving management of bookmarks and highlights will be of benefit there. I have already started working on it this week and things are moving right along!