The bookmark feature in PocketBible is meant to be used the same way you would use a bookmark in your printed Bibles or books. To provide a method for easily returning to a specific place you’ve been.
Put a bookmark on a Bible verse and it will be shared between all Bibles.
Put a bookmark in a book other than the Bible and it will take you back to the start of the table of contents entry for the section of text you’re reading. So don’t be surprised when you return to a bookmark in a reference book and you find it is a few paragraphs earlier than what you remember setting it at.
How do you set a bookmark in the different versions of PocketBible?
- iOS – Hold down your finger on a verse and you’ll get a context menu. Choose Menu and then “Bookmark Verse #”. With the iPad version, use the B’Marks button on the toolbox to easily view your bookmarked verses. If you turn your iphone or iPod touch to landscape, we use the extra room on the toolbar for a “Bookmarks” button which serves the same purpose.
- Android OS – tap on a verse to select it and get a contextual action bar. Choose the Bookmark icon from the contextual action bar. You can delete from the Manage Bookmarks list.
- Windows Phone – Tap-and-hold on the verse to bring up the Context menu. Select “Bookmark Verse #”.
- Windows Store – Tap-and-hold (or right-click) on the verse to bring up the Context menu. Select “Bookmark Verse #”.
- Windows PC – use your right-click menu to set a bookmark. You can delete it from the personalization window.
How do you delete a bookmark? Unless otherwise noted above, you can do it the same way you added it! If you try to set a bookmark on a verse or place you’ve already bookmarked, instead of an “add” option, you’ll get a “delete” option.
Do you like things organized? Use categories when you store your bookmarks. For example, you might want to organize your bookmarks by topics such as “salvation” and “repentance.”
Of course, you don’t have to use categories – you can keep your bookmarks “uncategorized.” Conversely, you can place a verse in more than one category if you’d like. Keep in mind that if you delete a bookmark from a category, it is only deleted from that specific category.
If you’ve already whole-heartedly embraced this feature and have tons of bookmarks, make sure you are synchronizing with the Laridian Cloud. There are instructions for this in the help for each version of PocketBible.