The SBL Greek New Testament is now available for use with PocketBible for Windows (versions 1.100 and later).
The SBL Greek New Testament is a new text edited by Michael W. Holmes. Mr. Holmes utilized a wide range of printed editions, all the major critical apparatuses, and the latest technical resources and manuscript discoveries as he established the text. The result is a critically edited text that differs from the Nestle-Aland/United Bible Societies text in more than 540 variation units. This new text was jointly sponsored by the Society of Biblical Literature (SBL) and Logo Bible Software to provide a free, reliable, critically edited version of the Greek New Testament for use by students, teachers, pastors and laypeople throughout the world.
The PocketBible version of this text is available for use with PocketBible for Windows, Windows PC-based Bible software which can be ordered and downloaded for free. Current users of PocketBible for Windows will need to update to version 1.100 (book reader engine version 1.071) to use the Greek text. This can be done by logging in to your Laridian account at the Laridian web site and downloading the latest version of the software.
PocketBible for Windows Updated
Version 1.100 of PocketBible for Windows includes the following updates and fixes:
- Support for Greek books:
- Added underscore (_) as a wildcard character that matches zero or more diacritical marks
- Modified question mark (?) wildcard character to match one character and its attached diacritical marks
- Enabled Greek character support in the search entry fields
- Searching requires the installation of a Greek keyboard input method in Windows, which is done through the Control Panel and is fully described in the updated Help included with the program
- Hover text (tool tips)
- Added capital letters with iota subscript to Laridian Greek font
- Normalized the order of Greek diacriticals in books, search phrases, and notes
- Note Editor changes:
- Added <pb_lang> HTML Helper
- Used the font and size selected by the user for the Note Tab in the Personalization Window. Notes are now displayed and edited using the same font.
- Other enhancements:
- Changed the behavior of phrase searches so that punctuation between words in a book will not cause it not to match
- Updated the Help file
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1.014 where the wrong Bible abbreviation would be attached to text copied using Copy Passage (“KJVEC” instead of “KJV” and “HCSBEC” instead of “HCSB”.
- Fixed a long-standing bug in which browsing to a new verse while editing a note with the note lock turned off would cause an error, and doing so with the lock turned on would cause the note to be saved to the current verse instead of the verse it was originally on. Also put code in place to keep user from editing or deleting a note that was already being edited.
- Fixed a bug in which accented characters in the name of a book or Bible were displayed as HTML character entities instead of the actual character.
- Fixed a long-standing bug in which the left mouse button appeared to be stuck down after opening or closing a book in parallel display mode. This caused text to be highlighted as the mouse was moved until the user clicked the mouse or toggled the “parallel” button.
- Fixed a problem in which book categories were not indicated correctly for the NABRE. (May not have affected the Windows version.)