MyBible Updated to 5.002

Posted on: November 19th, 2008 by Craig Rairdin 7 Comments

MyBible 5 has been updated to address two suggestions from our customers.

One consistent request related to the new MyBible 5 has been to make the autoscroll feature smoother, rather than line-by-line. MyBible 5.002 includes a new option to turn on smooth scrolling, which “slides” the text up the screen rather than jumping from line to line. Depending upon the speed of your handheld, the autoscroll rate you’ve selected, the number of notes you’ve written, and other factors, there may be slight pauses as MyBible considers how to fill in the text. However, the scrolling effect is quite visually pleasing.

(If you prefer the line-by-line scrolling, that option is still available.)

A second, though less-frequent, request was for the option to turn off images within books. Many of the newer books include some wonderful pictures and illustrations; however, these can take some time to load. When time is of the essence, all images can now be turned off so that you’ll never have to wait for a picture to load.

Registered owners of MyBible 5 can download this free update. As always, just login to your personal download account at www.laridian.com to download your purchases and any available updates.

1. Melonie says:

Just wondering what the latest is on an iPhone app. In August you said you were working on the program Any ship date yet?

2. Melonie says:

3. Jeff Wheeler says:

Melonie – the best news about PocketBible for iPhone is on the PocketBible for iPhone specific e-mail list. Sign up here: http://blog.laridian.com/?p=115.

4. Wayne Smith says:

I want to THANK YOU again for updating the MyBible4 to MyBible5.
    The new features improve it’s usefulness significantly!

This demonstrates that the PalmOS devices have life left from your development perspective. Elsewhere I read that the PalmOS architecture is losing it following, as many device manufacturers are moving to WM.

As we see new Laridian products (i.e. NIVSBNotes Updated Edition) released for the WM platform, will we see corresponding releases for MyBible5. I understand that Laridian doesn’t want to “telegraph” it’s development/marketing strategy.
    Just let us MyBible5 users are in yur development strategy and when we are not, be less than silent in this blog.

Happy Thanksgiving – we have much to be thankful for!

Wayne

5. Jeff Wheeler says:

Wayne – you’re welcome. Glad to hear that you are liking MyBible 5.

Regarding books for MyBible, our general goal is to offer the same books in all of our supported platforms, such as Windows, Windows Mobile, Palm OS, etc. There are times when licensing or technical considerations preclude this, but in general, when you see a book released for one platform, it will be soon be released for the others. Sometimes you’ll see the book first for MyBible, then PocketBible a few days later, and sometimes the other way around.

6. Thomas Mattaliano says:

I’ve never had problems with laridian email before but I also did not receive any word of MyBible 5. I’m itching to order it. My wife wants to buy if for me for Christmas but I dont’ think i can wait that long.

2 QUESTIONS:
    1) Can MyBible incorporate a slidebar on the right of the MyBible window (like the one to the right of this comments window)? This is the only program I own that does not use this form of navigation. Am I the only one who requests this?

2) I can have the bible and a dictionary open at the same time but, when I find a word to look up, how do I transfer that word to the dictionary. They don’t appear to be synched. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks!

7. Jeff Wheeler says:

Thomas: You’ll like the new MyBible 5. Why don’t you compromise and buy the upgrade now, and let your wife buy some additional books for you for Christmas? I’ve responded to your comment off-line, since it involves specifics to your account. Also, for the benefit of everyone else reading this, let me remind that the best way to receive support is at our online Help Desk, not via comments in this blog.