PocketBible for iPhone Beta 5 / Release Candidate 1

Posted on: August 18th, 2009 by Craig Rairdin 23 Comments

Just a quick note to let you know we released Beta 5 to the testers tonight. We consider this a true release candidate. In other words, if the testers don’t find anything wrong, there’s nothing left to do before it goes to Apple. (Nothing, that is, other than changing the version number and putting the official program icon into the program, which hasn’t been finished yet.)

We expect the beta testers will find some things that need to be fixed. :-)

Apple is reporting that most apps are approved within two weeks based on the current volume of submissions. Since this is our first submission, we expect it to come back with things we need to fix before it can be accepted.

We appreciate your patience more than you know. We also want to remind you that once this version is released we will be following it with several updates in rapid succession to round out the feature list. So stick with us through 1.0.0 and your favorite features from our other programs will show up fairly quickly.

1. Charles says:

I’ve been using Laridian software since 1999 on a Jornada 680. I’m looking forward to the iPhone release :)

2. Dan Corcoran says:

Craig,

This great news! I can hardly wait to use the app once it is available in the App Store. I deeply appreciate your persistence and frequent progress reports.

Warm Regards,

Dan

3. Lionel says:

Woot (as my son would say)

4. Steve Gore says:

Pumped, can’t wait

5. John Cooper says:

Great job Craig, and to all who are working on it, including beta testers! Really am looking forward to using this on the iphone. Well done and thank you!

6. Robin Brenchley says:

I’ve been using MyBible since version 3, at least according to my backups, anyway. I’m so excited by the news. Thank you an God Bless you for all your hard work. Robin

7. Mark in Maine says:

This is great news, Craig. Thanks for your hard work and updates. MyBible is the reason I held onto my Palm for so long. As the ancient Hebrews would say, Woo Hoo!

8. Jim in FL says:

This is fantastic news, and I look forward to the release. Thank you.

9. Scott M. Mayer says:

I’m waiting with baited breath! I’ve been using your bible software for years and years, first on Palm OS, then Windows Mobile before finally giving up on this OS, too, and moving to the nearly complete iPhone (3GS). Can’t wait to get my software loaded!!

10. John says:

We will stick with you Craig although the “Release Candidate 1″ scares me a little. It kind of imlies here might be a 2,3,4 . . .

11. Steve Augustine says:

This is great news, Craig. We are waiting with baited breath and a lot of prayer. I’ve had to resort to another product just so that I could take notes during Bible Studies on my iPOD Touch, since we don’t have wireless in the church (actually an elementary school). I cannot wait to get back to the best on the market tool – PocketBible. I do use the web version when I have WiFi connectivity, but it is still not the same as the native version.

12. John: The more “release candidates” you see, the better. It means we squeezed out all the bugs for RC1, then squeezed out more for RC2, etc. Just found one in RC1 that was nicely hidden. Pretty sure that was the last one. :-)

13. george says:

thank you Jesus for Craig and Laridian!!

14. William Arnold Taylor says:

This is great news. I am a long time user of Laridian software and the iPhone will be my third platform for it so naturally I am anxiously awaiting it’s release. Thank you for all the work in getting this done so soon. My wife and I start Disciple class September 14 and you will hopefully not miss that date by much. God Bless.

15. Robert Baumgartner says:

This is great new, am looking forward to using your Bible software on my Iphone.

16. Lionel says:

At this point do you have an eta?

17. Lionel: Upload to App Store on Monday. Approval could take 2 weeks or more.

18. Lionel Dyck says:

Craig – wonderful – thanks. I’ll pray (with others I’m sure) that 2 weeks will be as a day.

btw. any chance you’ll offer a discount on the purchase of new resources such as the ESV Study Bible (I already have the ESV) ?

19. I’m sure we’ll find a way to offer some discounts associated with the launch of PocketBible for the iPhone.

20. Lionel says:

Sweet. Thanks for taking the hint :-)

21. Simon says:

Thanks Craig – I am sure I speak for all when I say I am excited that we are now so close. Let’s hope today’s submission is quickly waved through by the testers… Cannot wait to have the best Bible programme available on my iPhone.

22. John says:

I finally made up my mind and have given up my Palm T/X and Razor cell phone for an iPhone. It is great to hear that my favorite bible program will be following me to the iPhone. One question, will any of the products that I previously purchased for the Palm work with the iPhone?

23. John, the app will be free. When you first install it, it will ask you to register. Since you’re an existing customer, you’ll register using your existing Laridian account. When you do that, you’ll have access on your iPhone to all the Bibles and reference books you did on your Palm.