PocketBible for Windows Phone now available!

Posted on: March 1st, 2013 by Michelle Stramel 19 Comments

We’re happy to announce that PocketBible for Windows Phone is now available for free download at the Windows Phone Store. This version of PocketBible works with Windows Phone 7.5 or later.

PocketBible for Windows Phone is designed to help you read and study the Bible on-the-go. It comes with the KJV Bible and you’ll be able to choose from 40 additional Bibles and reference books to download after registration. You will also be able to use any Laridian titles you’ve purchased in the past in this new program. An internet connection is not needed after initial download.

The standard features included with the free version of PocketBible for Windows Phone allow you to install up to 20 books at a time and use them for reading and studying. You can also search through and bookmark your books. Advanced Features are available for $6.99 and allow you to download an unlimited number of titles, view multiple books at once, add highlighting and notes and more. Additional Bibles and books can be purchased for use with the program at the Laridian website.

Tags: , ,

1. Bob Schaefer says:

Let me be the first to say – hooray! And, thank you for rescuing your stranded Windows Mobile users! I was a regular user of PocketBible on Windows Mobile, and although there’s very little I miss about that OS, Laridian’s software was one genuine gap. No longer. :)It’s so good to finally have a high-quality Biblical studies library available for Windows Phone.

2. Edh says:

Cool! My WP is currently on loan to my son, but I’ll have it back in a few weeks. This is one of the first apps I’ll install on it.

3. Craig Horlacher says:

Congratulations Laridian on releasing PocketBible for Windows Phone!

Is it as good as PocketBible for Windows Mobile? I’m still convinced that was the best Bible and Bible reference Library ever written for any platform!

4. Matthew Konkol says:

I am very excited to have my Laridian PocketBible back for my Windows Phone Device. Its been a struggle without it since the transition away from Windows Mobile.

5. Stefan says:

@Craig,

There are a couple of things that are still being worked on: support for synchronisation with the Laridian server and text selection. We’d love to get your feedback on how the product compares to the windows mobile version, if there are things that we can implement that would make the product better, we’d love to hear from you!

6. Joel says:

After having used the IOS version on my iPad for quite some time, and more recently, the Android version on my phone, I must say this is the best yet! I was a little down on my new WP because of the lack of apps. The screen is incredible (HTC 8x) and it is lightning fast compared to any other device I’ve used, but there’s just not a lot out there in the app store. The only thing that makes up for it in any way is the WP version of Internet Explorer blows away any other mobile browser I’ve used and I love having Office.

I tried ipocketbible.com on it, but the buttons never appeared so I carried around my old Droid X with me so I could use PB. Now that thing is officially retired. For those of you who like the scrolling on the Android version, you’ll love the fact that you have scrolling on WP as well as the overlay you get with IOS. Once cloud syncing is in place, it will be perfect!

One thing I’d like to request (and not just PB but a ton of other apps as well) is the ability to store PB files in the cloud as an option. WP is really designed to keep files on Skydrive, but the apps (including Microsoft) aren’t really designed for it. With 4g, I’d like to minimize my storage (no SD card on HTC 8x)so I could store music, audio books, e-books, PB files, etc. on my Skydrive instead of locally. I would keep a certain number of books locally in case I didn’t have a good connection, but I usually download all 100 or so books I own but I obviously don’t use them all on a regular basis.

Anyway, I really, really, really love this version and it’s the best release since PB 4 for Windows Mobile! Thanks guys!

Joel

7. Stefan says:

@Joel,

You can use the cloud library to download books as required. You can delete installed books from the cloud library by tapping and holding, to free up space and then Any other books you wish to install. Hopefully that will meet your needs.

Stefan

8. Ben says:

Delighted to have PocketBible on my phone,I’ve been using my old HTC TouchPro2 to read on which means carrying two phones when I’m away! I was considering changing my phone to an Android device so that I could have PocketBible back, but now I don’t have to! Amazed at how comprehensive this version is. Thank you so much and well done!

9. Jerry Koske says:

Thank you for bringing Pocketbible to Windows Phone 8. Also, thank you for your policy of allowing purchased bibles and references to be used on different platforms without any additional charge. I have used Pocketbible on Windows, Windows Mobile, Android, Ipad and now Windows Phone 8. I have several Bible study suites and the Laridian products are by far the best.

10. Sideval says:

Good morning, good job, but in Portuguese Brazil, we need versions.
    We are awaiting. Again congratulations

11. Jonathan Bach says:

I simply wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on both Android and Windows Phone support. I use the PC, iPad, and even the old Windows Mobile versions. I wish you the best!

12. Mike Jorden says:

I’m so pleased you have released the PocketBible for Windows Phone. I’m using it on my Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 and it performs very well. Congratulations. The only comment I would like to make is that it is not easy to find in the Store. I searched for Pocket Bible and Bible and it didn’t appear. I had to actually search for PocketBible (no space) to find it.

I’d love to see a Windows 8 version now :-)

Keep up the excellent work.

Mike.

13. Mark Honzell says:

This is the most amazing program I have come across for my phone. I can read and study anywhere with unprecedented depth in Greek, Hebrew and English while taking notes! Or, just spend time in a daily devitional.

Thank you!

14. Steve Hiner says:

Seriously, I could write a long comment about how much I love PocketBible but my story is just like most everyone that has already commented.

Long time PocketBible user on PPC, PocketBible was the single hardest thing to give up when moving to Windows Phone. I saw the announcement Saturday morning before getting out of bed and I ended up staying in bed for a while downloading translations from my library and playing with the app. I used it during Church on Sunday morning and bought the advanced version immediately after getting home. You guys really rocked this. Totally the best Bible software I have seen on Windows Phone.

I’m SO happy you support WinPhone 7.5 too. When I saw the announcement I was happy but a bit worried that I’d find it was WinPhone 8 only, that would have been tough to find out.

One small thing I noticed that could make it even better: I’m a NET Bible translation user and I include the notes with it. As with every other translation where I read the NET Bible there are times when the footnote numbers get distracting. The same is true for NASB with Strongs numbers which I also use. I would love to have a way with a tap or two to turn the footnotes on or off. Maybe a long-tap and then have “show/hide footnotes” in the context menu or it could be in the bottom menu. I’d rather not have to go to the settings to toggle it but that would be better than nothing. No matter what you do I will continue to be a very happy user for a LONG time.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

15. Andy says:

Excellent version! So simple, unlike the IOS version (perhaps it’s me).

16. Dale Coffing says:

I can’t even begin to hide my excitement!! I am a very long time user from the original version way back in the days of the Pocket PC when I wrote it was my absolute fav app. I loaded it on my Nokia 920 this week and have been playing with it ever since. A huge THANKS to Laridian with all that has been going on over the years to making this Windows Phone app. What a joy to have it now with me in my pocket again. I also use it on the iPad which currently is my favorite way to use it for studying as this is basically replacing my paper Bible and a Galaxy Tab.

17. James says:

Yeah! Now I have my Pocket Bible app back! Glad to see you release a WP version of the app. Kudos!

18. Jacob Kelechi says:

Please can have bible t copy of full version of bible