We often get asked about what we are working on. While you can be sure we are always working, and that our work probably involves some version of PocketBible, we understand you may be interested in a more detailed explanation of what is going on behind the scenes. It is in that spirit that we are going to try something new with an occasional post on what’s in the pipeline for apps and books.
You’ll notice we don’t talk about release dates. We’ve been in this business for a long time and have learned that our best-laid plans often go awry. In fact, in the software business, that’s the rule rather than the exception. So we don’t spit into that wind nor tilt at those windmills. We’re pursuing the goals you see below at our best pace and will release new books and updates to our apps as soon as they’re ready.
- PocketBible for Android – Version 1.2.0 was released on 6/9/14. Next up is enhancing the search feature to match what we’re doing on PocketBible for Mac OS X. And after that devotional tracking. Follow us on Google+ for the most up to date info.
- PocketBible 3.1 for iOS – version 3.1.0 was uploaded to the App Store on 3/28/14. Next major update will probably coincide with whatever Apple breaks in iOS 8. We also want to look at features we’ve added to PocketBible for Mac OS X and see what could be ported to iOS.
- PocketBible for Mac OS X – If you’re a backer of the Kickstarter project that funded this work, you will get more frequent updates through Kickstarter. Otherwise there will be updates here on the blog from time to time. The program is currently coming together nicely and we anticipate a beta release to our Kickstarter backers soon.
- PocketBible for Windows Phone – Send us your suggestions for enhancements.
- PocketBible for Windows Store – Version 188.8.131.528 was released to the Windows Store late in 2013. This update supports Windows 8.1 and adds new advanced features including the ability to listen to any type book and add notes directly from the notes pane.
Here’s what our editorial team has in the queue for you (not in any particular order):
- Additional volumes of the Cornerstone Commentaries (Tyndale)
- Additional volumes of the Ancient Christian Commentary Series (IVP)
- Framework for Christian Faith (Generation Word)
- Wesley Study Bible (Abingdon)
Disclaimers: All this is subject to change in priority, feasibility, copyright licensing, etc. That means we reserve the right to never release these features or books. We are sharing with you the current plan which is written in sand, not stone. Also, just because something is not on this list doesn’t mean we are not considering it. Finally, we are open to your requests, suggestions and comments!Tags: Android, features, iOS, New Books, PocketBible, Upgrade, Windows Phone, Windows Store