We often get asked about what we are working on. While you can be sure we are always working, and that our work probably involves some version of PocketBible, we understand you may be interested in a more detailed explanation of what is going on behind the scenes. It is in that spirit that we are going to try something new with an occasional post on what’s in the pipeline for apps and books.
You’ll notice we don’t talk about release dates. We’ve been in this business for a long time and have learned that our best-laid plans often go awry. In fact, in the software business, that’s the rule rather than the exception. So we don’t spit into that wind nor tilt at those windmills. We’re pursuing the goals you see below at our best pace and will release new books and updates to our apps as soon as they’re ready.
- PocketBible for Android – Version 1.1.1 was released on November 22 with the major features of setting preferred books and managing highlights (read more). Next up is the ability to add notes to your Bibles. Follow us on Google+ for the most up to date info.
- PocketBible 3.0 for iOS – We are currently beta testing an update to PocketBible 3 for iOS to address performance issues for users with thousands of notes, highlights, and/or bookmarks. It also includes a couple small bug fixes.
- PocketBible for Mac OS – Work has recently begun on this project. If you are a backer of our Kickstarter project that funded this work, you’ll be receiving updates from time to time on our progress. For others, we’ll post less-frequent updates here.
- PocketBible for Windows Phone – Send us your suggestions for enhancements.
- PocketBible for Windows Store – Version 126.96.36.1993 was released to the Windows Store on October 24, 2013. This update supports Windows 8.1 and adds new advanced features including the ability to listen to any type book and add notes directly from the notes pane.
Here’s what our editorial team has in the queue for you (not in any particular order):
- Wesley Study Bible (Abingdon)
- Knowing Jesus (Kingsley Books)
- The Bible Book by Book (Kingsley Books)
- Essential Truths of Christianity (Kingsley Books)
- Discovering God’s Way (Kingsley Books)
- Living the Christian Life (Kingsley Books)
- The Open Your Bible Commentary (Kingsley Books)
- NT Wright For Everyone Bible Study Guides (IVP Books)
Disclaimers: All this is subject to change in priority, feasibility, copyright licensing, etc. That means we reserve the right to never release these features or books. We are sharing with you the current plan which is written in sand, not stone. Also, just because something is not on this list doesn’t mean we are not considering it. Finally, we are open to your requests, suggestions and comments!Tags: Android, features, iOS, New Books, PocketBible, Upgrade, Windows Phone, Windows Store