2014 is around the corner and with it the opportunity for a fresh start on Bible reading efforts! Whether you are on track to make it all the way through from January 1 to December 31 or you got side-tracked at some point during the year, PocketBible makes it easy to begin anew.
Here are instructions for resetting your Bible reading or devotional tracking for the various versions of PocketBible:
- PocketBible for iPad/iPhone/iPod touch – open PocketBible and go to the Bible reading plan you want to reset. Select the Today button | Devotional Settings and choose to reset your reading progress and change the start date to today’s date.
- PocketBible for Android OS – this version of PocketBible does not have daily progress tracking yet so there is nothing to reset. This feature is next on our to-do list after note-taking. In the meantime, the app does include a simple date function that is based on a calendar year (January 1 through December 31). So at the beginning of 2014, any 365 day plans or devotionals you are using will automatically “start over” on day 1.
- PocketBible for Windows Phone – select Menu | Daily Readings and tap and hold on the devotional book. From the menu select Remove daily reading. You can then go back and restart.
- PocketBible for Windows Store (8/8.1) – select Daily readings from the application bar and select the devotional book. From the application bar select Remove Daily Reading. You can then go back and restart.
- PocketBible for Windows PC – choose Devotional Reading | Book Options from the menu and select the Start Over tab. Press the Start Over button. Choose the Start Date tab to set a new start date.
- PocketBible for Windows Mobile – Are you one of our few customers still using this older type of mobile device? You can find complete instructions here.
- DailyReader for Palm OS – Are one of our few customers still using this older type of mobile device? You can find complete instructions here.
If you are looking for a different Bible reading plan this year, you’ll find help choosing one in our article on 8 Ways to Read through the Bible with PocketBible.Tags: Bible Reading Plans, features, PocketBible