“How Is Jeff Doing?”

Posted on: March 24th, 2011 by Craig Rairdin 8 Comments

Back in January, Craig revealed here that I’d been diagnosed with cancer in November and was undergoing treatments. Since then, many of you have left comments here and on Facebook letting us know of your prayers, love and concern. (We’ve even received some emails from PrayerPartner users who have added my health to their PrayerPartner prayer list. As the developer of PrayerPartner, I was blessed by that.)

Recently, some have left comments here and on Facebook asking how I’m doing. Frankly, I’m never sure how to answer that question, as there isn’t a good, short answer. Should I address how we’re doing spiritually (we’re thriving)? Emotionally (ups and downs, but God is faithful)? Physically (it’s not clear today how I’m doing against the cancer)? How can I communicate our experiences on this unexpected journey that will glorify God, encourage the Christian community, and not put the focus on me, all in a short article appropriate for this blog (or in a Facebook comment)?

I still haven’t figured out how to do that. :-)

However, we do appreciate your interest, your expressions of concern and your related prayers. So, for those who might be interested, I’d like to invite you to my cancer blog, where I attempt to tackle some of the above. You don’t have to register, login or have a special account. You can read as much or as little as you want. If you’d like a summary of what’s happened and where we’re at now (that is, how I’m doing), I’d suggest that you start with this article.

As Craig said previously, “Thank you always for your prayers. It is our pleasure to be able to serve you through the work we do.”

1. Patrick McDonald says:

Blessings, thank you for the update.

Please know you are in our prayers and on our congregations prayer list as well.

2. Gail Brown says:

I’ve just finished reading Jeff’s blog – somehow I missed the January 6th Facebook post, so this was the first time I’d heard about Jeff’s cancer diagnosis. Needless to say, I am uplifted by reading the blog – I started chemo treatments for breast cancer, November 3rd, and have had highs and lows (somewhat akin to a roller coaster ride) in the months since then. Thank you, Jeff, for being so open and honest about your experience. I will pray for your complete healing, knowing that our Father has an excellent plan just for you. And thank you, Craig and Jeff, for Pocket Bible! I’ve used it for several years now – first on my PDA, and now on my iPhone and iPad, and I love it!

3. Tim Rettger says:

You said it just fine Jeff. Thank you for the encouragement and reminder that God is faithful! I will pray for you and watch for updates on how you are doing. I echo the thanks like Gail for your work. It has also been a great blessing to me.

4. Ed Pilkington says:

I had left my account alone since it appeared you were not going to serve Android and I had just moved to a Droid Eris. Recently, I purchased an i-pad and decided to see if I could use PocketBible with it. I have not tried to download the many bibles I bought earlier but look forward to hopefully being able to read Oswald Chambers and use the dictionary’s and reference books again.

Please know i will be in prayer for you. My wife is a twenty year, two cancer survivor. We know hwere you are, Jeff and you are indeed “in good hands”.

Esperance!

Ed

5. Craig Horlacher says:

Thanks so much for the update! My family is praying for you!

6. fabio paoli says:

Thank you for your update and sharing your life in the blog. Just prayed for you brother, may our Lord bless you with His presence and peace as you go through the treatment! Thank you also for your work at Laridian, your products aside from being excellent are a real blessing. In Christ, Fabio

7. Jack Weaver says:

Jeff,

An exceptional and dear friend, Dr. Tom Cucuzza, Pastor of Northland Bible Baptist Church in St Cloud MN called me yesterday and in the course of the conversation asked that I pray for you, your cancer and family. I have and will continue.

Back in the late 70s or early 80s, Tom was Youth Director and then Associate Pastor in my church here in S.Florida. He and Sue were such a blessing to me personally and to our congregation. They still are.

I am approaching 82, retired now and a survivor of severe prostate cancer (going on 16 years now). My cancer was nothing more that a blip on the radar compared to yours. But I was able to use it to share the Gospel of my Savior Jesus Christ with thousands on the Internet. The Lord uses our afflictions in marvelous ways for His glory.

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;” 2 Corinthians 4:17

Jeff, my wife and I will continue to pray for you and your family, that through your witness many unbelievers will trust Jesus Christ as their Savior and believers will be encouraged by His Grace to serve Him.

I pray you, your family and your Church Family will have a blessed Resurrection Day and that you will celebrate it year-round.

Drop a line to me personally if you like.. I would be delighted to hear from you.

In Jesus Christ eternally and looking for His soon return, Jack

8. bornagnr says:

May the Lord lead you & guide you through this tough time. May you learn everything that God might be teaching through this. And may you ultimately be healed and stronger after this! I love u guys!