PocketBible for Android version 1.4.0 has been released to the Google Play Store. If you downloaded the app from Google Play, you should be automatically updated. If you are using a Kindle Fire (or other non-Google Play device), you can download the latest version by browsing to http://lpb.cc/android while on your device.
This update provides the capability to add notes to non-Bibles and supports the newly released Advanced Feature Set for PocketBible for Android. The Advanced Feature Set can be purchased from within the app (Dove menu | Buy/Apply Upgrade ) or via our website for $9.99. If you purchase in-app, the Advanced Features will be applied automatically. Otherwise, choose Buy/Apply Upgrade from the menu and it will be applied.
- Automatic verse studies. Select a verse and PocketBible presents the following to you. (See video of this).
- The text of the selected verse from all your Bibles (you choose which ones)
- The text of the selected verse with Strong’s numbers (if you own one of our Bibles with Strong’s numbers)
- The definition of each English word in the verse from all of your dictionaries (you choose which ones)
- The definition of each Strong’s word number from your Strong’s dictionaries (you choose which ones)
- Commentary on the verse from all your commentaries (you choose which ones)
- Cross references from the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (if you have it installed)
- Automatic word studies. Select a word and PocketBible presents information from your library about the selected word including:
- Definition of the selected word from all of your dictionaries (you choose which ones)
- A summary of search results from selected Bibles (you choose which ones)
- A list of related Strong’s numbers (original language words translated to the selected word)
- Definitions of the related Strong’s word numbers (you select which Strong’s dictionaries)
- Automatic today studies. Select a date and choose your Bible reading plan and Bible translation. PocketBible will give you today’s (or any day you select) Bible verses to read in a convenient one-page format. You can also have it put together all the readings from your devotionals for a specific day.
- Listen to the Bible. Let PocketBible read the Bible or any book to you with its text-to-speech capability. (this feature only requires Android OS 4.1 or later)
- Auto-Scroll text . Set a book to auto-scroll for easier reading. Increase or decrease the speed of scrolling to match your reading speed. Great for public or devotional reading.
- Journal. Create notes which are not attached to any verse or book.
- Customize Color Schemes. Specify colors for text, background, etc. exactly how you like it. See video of this.
- Rename Highlight Colors. Name your highlight colors to something meaningful to you and categorize by name and color. See video of this.