MyBible for Palm OS has been updated to version 4.200. The book reader engine remains 1.058. This is a free update for registered MyBible 4 owners.
This version of MyBible adds a new feature: the commentary view. Similar to the dictionary view, the commentary view allows you to view a commentary in a dedicated window. Many customers had requested the ability to “zoom” their commentary to full screen; this update addresses this common customer request.
The new commentary view allows you to:
- View one commentary at a time in a dedicated window, allowing you to see more of the commentary at a time.
- Jump to commentary for a specific verse by choosing the book, then the chapter, then the verse just as your Bibles are navigated.
- Jump to commentary for a specific verse by writing the verse reference into a verse field and tapping the Lookup button.
- Navigate the commentary via its table of contents.
- Quickly change to a different commentary.
Additionally, when you tap a Bible link, the commentary will automatically close, allowing you to view the Bible verse in context. If synchronization is turned on, then when you return to the commentary it will show the article for the new verse. If synchronization is not turned on, then the commentary will not scroll and you’ll return to your place.
Version 4.2 also provides an alternate shortcut key to toggle Strong’s numbers on and off. Due to odd behavior in original versions of Graffiti 2, installed on some handheld models, the ‘T’ shortcut could both scroll the Bible to the previous chapter and toggle Strong’s numbers. If you have a handheld using one of these older versions of Graffiti 2 that behaves this way, then you can now use the U shortcut to toggle Strong’s numbers.
To install the update:
- Login to your personal download account at the Laridian Web site.
- Download the latest version of MyBible for Palm OS.
- Run the MyBible setup program, downloaded in step 2, to guide you through the setup process.
For additional assistance, please visit the Help Desk.