PocketBible for Pocket PC has been updated to version 3.044. The book reader engine remains 1.059. This is a free update for registered PocketBible 3 for Pocket PC owners.
This version includes two new features:
- Horizontal Scrolling – support for horizontal scrolling has been added. When the page is wider than the screen, a horizontal scroll bar will be shown. When the “Display Text” Find option is turned on, then the horizontal scrollbar allows you to scroll sideways to see an entire match. Horizontal scrolling may also appear when you view a page with a wide table or image.
- Options have been added to allow selection of a preferred Strong’s Greek Dictionary and a preferred Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary. As more and more substitute dictionaries are released, this option provides you with even more customization options.
Additionally, we made a change to the storage of your user data (such as notes, highlights and bookmarks). File-level write caching has been disabled. This reduces the possibility that OS or OEM file caching could result in data not be stored as expected in the event of an untimely battery failure or other error.
To install the update:
- Exit PocketBible on your Pocket PC.
- Login to your personal download account at the Laridian Web site.
- Download the latest version of PocketBible for Pocket PC.
- Run the PocketBible setup program, downloaded in step 3, to guide you through the setup process.
- After installation is complete, verify that PocketBible 3.044 is installed by starting PocketBible on your device, then checking View > About PocketBible.
For additional assistance, please visit the Help Desk.