Recently, Apple released the 1.1.3 update for the iPhone and the iPod Touch. This update included a feature that some of you requested we take advantage of… the ability to add iPocketBible to your “home” screen.
- Update your iPhone/iPod Touch to version 1.1.3.
- Launch iPocketBible from within Safari. If you are already there, I suggest that you “reload” the page in order to ensure that the latest version of iPocketBible is loaded. One thing to remember: you are essentially creating a bookmark that gets placed on the home page of your iPhone/iPod Touch. Whatever page within iPocketBible is visible when you start this process will be the page associated with this bookmark. You may want to consider going to the “front matter” or “table of contents” of your favorite bible or commentary before starting this process.
- Click on the “+” located on Safari’s bottom navigation bar.
- A menu will appear with the options to “Add Bookmark”, “Add to Home Screen”, “Mail Link to this Page” or “Cancel”. Select “Add to Home Screen”.
- A new screen will appear that will show our icon as well as a text field for selecting the text associated with this icon. The text field has limited space, so I would suggest putting “iPocketBible” within the field.
- Press return.
That should do it!! You should now see your home screen, complete with your new iPocketBible icon.