Do you own a PocketBible Bible that features Strong’s Numbers? The possibilities include:
- New American Standard Bible with Strong’s Numbers (NASEC) and Greek/Hebrew Dictionaries
- King James Version with Strong’s Numbers (KJVEC) and Grk/Heb Dictionaries
- Holman Christian Std Bible Exhaustive Concordance (HCSBEC)
While you probably chose these Bibles because of the Strong’s numbers and links they provide to included and related dictionaries, it is sometimes nice to turn them off! Especially when you are simply reading the Bible text. Here’s the quickest way to do that in each version of PocketBible:
- Windows PC – Use the keys CTRL + U. This keyboard combination quickly toggles the Strong’s numbers on and off. You can also go to the menu and choose View and click the option on and off there. The toggle will work for viewing the text in a Bible window or in “hover” mode when you are hovering over a verse link.
- iPad – tap on the Settings icon (looks like a gear) on the toolbar and tap on the menu item “Strong’s Numbers.” You can also find the option via the pop-up menu when you tap and hold on a book and the menu button on the toolbar (Menu | Settings).
- iPhone/iPod touch – tap and hold any place in an open book to get a pop-up menu. Choose Menu and tap on “Strong’s Numbers” to turn the numbers on and off. The menu button on the toolbar (Menu | Settings) will also provide this option.
- Android OS – Bibles with Strong’s numbers cannot yet be viewed with PocketBible for Android but it is at the top of our list.
- Windows Mobile – tap View, Options, and Show Strong’s Numbers.
- Palm OS – tap Options, and Strong’s Numbers.
Related article: Accomplishing Word Studies in PocketBible.Tags: features, PocketBible, Strong's Numbers