We often get asked about what we are working on. While you can be sure we are always working, and that our work probably involves some version of PocketBible, we understand you may be interested in a more detailed explanation of what is going on behind the scenes. It is in that spirit that we are going to try something new with an occasional post on what’s in the pipeline for apps and books.
You’ll notice we don’t talk about release dates. We’ve been in this business for a long time and have learned that our best-laid plans often go awry. In fact, in the software business, that’s the rule rather than the exception. So we don’t spit into that wind nor tilt at those windmills. We’re pursuing the goals you see below at our best pace and will release new books and updates to our apps as soon as they’re ready.
- PocketBible for Android – Version 1.3.0 was released on 9/22/14 and added devotional tracking features to the app and some other minor enhancements. We are currently working on what will become the Advanced Feature Set for the Android version.
- PocketBible 3.1 for iOS – version 3.1.0 was uploaded to the App Store on 3/28/14. The program seems to be working well under iOS 8, so there wasn’t an update specific to iOS 8. We’ll be taking a more serious look at PocketBible for iOS once PocketBible for Mac is wrapped up.
- PocketBible for Mac OS X – Version 1.0 is ready for you to download. We’re now working on what will become the Advanced Feature Set for the Mac version.
- BookBuilder for Mac OS X – This was promised as part of the Kickstarter campaign for PocketBible and will get started soon.
- PocketBible for Windows Phone – Send us your suggestions for enhancements.
- PocketBible for Windows Store – Send us your suggestions for enhancements.
Here’s what our editorial team has in the queue for you (not in any particular order):
- Additional volumes of the Ancient Christian Commentary Series (IVP)
- The Applied New Testament and Old Testament Commentary (Cook)
- The Open Your Bible Commentary (Kingsley) – released 10/7/14
- 365 Day Devotional Commentary (Richards)
- Wesley Study Bible (Abingdon)
Disclaimers: All this is subject to change in priority, feasibility, copyright licensing, etc. That means we reserve the right to never release these features or books. We are sharing with you the current plan which is written in sand, not stone. Also, just because something is not on this list doesn’t mean we are not considering it. Finally, we are open to your requests, suggestions and comments!