We often get asked about what we are working on. While you can be sure we are always working, and that our work probably involves some version of PocketBible, we understand you may be interested in a more detailed explanation of what is going on behind the scenes. It is in that spirit that we are going to try something new with an occasional post on what’s in the pipeline for apps and books.
You’ll notice we don’t talk about release dates. We’ve been in this business for a long time and have learned that our best-laid plans often go awry. In fact, in the software business, that’s the rule rather than the exception. So we neither spit into that wind nor tilt at those windmills. We’re pursuing the goals you see below at our best pace and will release new books and updates to our apps as soon as they’re ready.
- PocketBible for Android – Version 1.6 added the new Library view that simplifies downloading, deleting, and opening books regardless of whether they are in your account on our server, already installed on your device, or already open on the screen. We continue to work on minor bug fixes and improvements, releasing minor updates as needed.
- PocketBible for iOS – Version 3.4.0 is current. Currently working on a major re-write to support scrolling of the text (in addition to the current paging mode) and simplifying highlighting, bookmarking, and text selection. This will be version 4.0.
- PocketBible for Mac OS X – Working on minor bug fixes and improvements, releasing minor updates as needed.
- PocketBible for Windows Phone and Windows Store – Working on a universal version of the app for Windows 10.
- BookBuilder for Mac OS X – Working on minor bug fixes and improvements, releasing minor updates as needed.
- BookBuilder for Windows Desktop – Working on minor bug fixes and improvements, releasing minor updates as needed.
Here’s what our editorial team has in the queue for you (not in any particular order):
- Moody Bible Commentary
- Additional volumes of the Ancient Christian Commentary Series (IVP)
- Fixing typos and tagging issues in several titles
- Additional Greek NT resources
- NIV Exhaustive Concordance
- Tree of Life Version (TLV)
- Changes in FAQ and tech support ticket system to integrate live chat, which is currently being tested on the site.
- Integrate live chat into the mobile in-app stores in PocketBible.
Disclaimers: All this is subject to change in priority, feasibility, copyright licensing, etc. That means we reserve the right to never release these features or books. We are sharing with you the current plan which is written in sand, not stone. Also, just because something is not on this list doesn’t mean we are not considering it. Finally, we are open to your requests, suggestions and comments!