Are you the happy recipient of a new phone or tablet? Or a new Mac or PC? Congratulations! Here is what you need to know to get PocketBible on it!
First an important reminder – you never have to re-purchase any Laridian Bibles or books when you move to a new device. You may have to re-install a new version of PocketBible and download your books again but that is all FREE and we’ll try to make that as painless as possible with the tips in this article.
Install Guide by Device Type
Find your device type in the list below and follow the instructions from there:
- iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (iOS) – go to the App Store from your device and search for PocketBible Bible Study. Download the free app and register it using your existing Laridian ID (or email address on file) and password. Tap on the Menu icon and choose Add/Remove Books. Go through the list of your books (should include all your previous purchases and free books) and tap on any you want to download at this time (you can always return to this list and download more later). Hit UPDATE at the top of the page to start the downloads.
- Mac OS X – you can download PocketBible for Mac directly from our website. Go here to download and here for detailed directions. The first time you open PocketBible on your Mac, register using your existing Laridian customer information. Then you can select Cloud Library from the Books menu to download your past purchased books.
- Android OS – go to the Google Play store on your device (or Amazon App store if you prefer) and search for PocketBible Bible Study. Download the free PocketBible app. Register using your existing Laridian account information. Tap on the Dove icon and choose to Download Books. You should see your previously purchased titles along with all free books. Tap on each book you want to download (you have to do this one at a time). Check out our Android OS videos at our Youtube channel for some tips on using PocketBible for Android.
- Kindle Fire – we are still working with Amazon to get our Android version of PocketBible to show up in the Kindle Store. In the meantime, follow the instructions at this link to download PocketBible from our site and install as a 3rd party app. HDX owners you can watch a video of how to install.
- Windows Phone – Microsoft hides most of the free apps on their app store even if you search by the exact name of the program. The best way to find PocketBible for Windows Phone is to select a link on our site, like this one. Download the free PocketBible app for Windows Phone and install it. Register using your existing Laridian account information. Choose the Cloud Library from the menu. Tap on any title to download. Open downloaded books from the Device Library.
- Windows Surface or Windows 10 – Like the Windows Phone Store, Microsoft hides most of the free apps for Windows. The only way to find apps is if you already have a link to them. You can download PocketBible here. It’s free. Run it, then register using your existing Laridian account information. Choose the Cloud Library from the menu. Tap on any title to download. Open downloaded books from the Device Library menu.
If you have personal data (i.e. notes, bookmarks, highlights) to transfer from an older device, first sync the data from the old device to our server (you can do this manually if you haven’t been doing it automatically), then enable automatic synchronization on your new device. Do a manual sync the first time to make sure you have all the data.
One final note – Advanced Feature Sets are sold separately for each operating system. So, for example, even if you own the Advanced Feature Set for your iPhone, you’ll still need to purchase the specific Advanced Feature Set for your Surface Pro or Mac OS X. However, if you own an iPhone and iPad, since they are the same operating system, you only need one copy for both devices.